Mouse Genetic Monitoring Report
Rat Genetic Monitoring Report
[SLC] 사육환경 설명서
- Production Style
: For production of the uniform laboratory animal which maintained characteristics, maintenance and production of the strain is performed by strict production system based on the production control standard.
1) Outbred: Maintenance and production by rotation breeding scheme
2-1) Maintained colony: Strain maintenance and production of seed animals by the brother-sister mating
2-2) Multiplication colony: Multiplication of seed animals used to Production colony and Hybrid(F1) production colony by the brother-sister mating in the maintained colony
2-3) Production colony: Animal production by random mating in multiplication colony
3) Hybrid: Hybrid (F1) production colony by mating between females and males of different inbred strain
- Breeding Environment
: Animals are bred and cared in the following environment
1) Room temperature: Mouse・Rat・Hamster・Mongolian gerbil - 23～25°C, Guinea pig - 21～25°C
2) Humidity: 45～65%
3) Ventilation frequency: All fresh air 10～15times/hour
4) Differential pressure: 50～200Pa（5～20mmH2O）
5) Illuminance: 150～300Lux （80cm above the floor)
6) Lighting cycle: Light (8:00～20:00)、Dark (20:00～8:00)
7) Air: Sterilized by 3-stage filters; front,middle,final (HEPA)
8) Aeration: Pan-type air conditioning system is used as flow system
- Breeding Environmental Monitoring
: Examination of drinking water, and performance tests of autoclave and ethylene oxide gas sterilizers are periodically performed.
- Animal Behavioral Monitoring
: Production efficiency of each production colony is monitored and recorded in weekly report.
Breeding technical person carefully observes animal and detects early abnormal animal.
: Animals are given following diet;
- Autoclaved diets (Nosan Corporation, PMI Inc.)
- Irradiated diets (PMI Inc., Funabashi Farm Co.,Ltd.)
- Microbiological Monitoring
: 별도 게시글 참조
- Genetic Monitoring
- : Tested only mouse Inbred Strains
1) Test items: Biochemical, immunogenetic and molecular-genetic markers.
2) Test animals: Animals from each foundation stock colony and multiplication colony
3) Test frequencies: At least once a year for each test item in each strain.
- Physiological Parameter Tests
1) Body weight measurement2) Organ weight measurement- Test items：brain・heart・lung・liver・spleen・kidney・adrenal・testis・ovary・thymus・pituitary gland
3) Hematological tests- Test items：RBC・Ht・Hb・WBC・PLT・MCV・MCH・MCHC
4) Blood biochemical tests- Test items：AST・ALT・ALP・TG・ALB・TP・A/G・GLU・PL・T-BIL・BUN・T-CHO・Ca・IP・CRE・Na・K・Cl